As a female, who doesn't like mascara? I wear it from time to time and I know you amazing makeup gurus wear it basically everyday. I learned a lot of information about your eyelashes and mascara in general while attending a Mary Kay Makeup Class one day. I learned why it is important to wash off not only your makeup but specifically your mascara.
I know we all use our mascara but do we always take it off? Here are a few ideas of what happens when you leave your mascara on overnight:
1. It could dry out your lashes and make them brittle. If done too many times, your lashes could end up thinning and falling out.
2. Waterproof mascara will dry out your lashes over time. So if you use a waterproof formula, make sure you remove it at the end of the day.
3. It may result in the clogging of the tiny hair follicles and oil glands on your eyelids.
4. Sleeping mascara could cause eyelid cysts.
5. When the mascara dries overnight, it can cause your lashes to fall off, and a stiff lash can actually scratch your cornea while you’re sleeping.
It’s easy to forget that our eyelashes are actually tiny hairs, and should be treated nicely. I learned that mositurizing lashes before bed with olive oil is super beneficial. I say keeping things out of our eyes is the way to go! What are your beauty routines?
Would You Like To Always See My Posts?
Follow me on social media: