I have been realizing that even though I am 24, life has so much to offer me. I want to partake in many activities that I can enjoy alone or with someone. I am just writing out a list of things to do alone because everyone needs that. I think that every human deserves to experience everything that they want out of life. But also have alone time. Everyone needs alone time right? By the way, I am not saying that there is anything wrong with being married, a parent, having a career or in a relationship. Hell, I am in a relationship and working on my career. I just decided to make this list for the ladies and gentlemen that are reading my blog to tell you guys some fun and individual ways to enjoy life.
Having a career, being a parent, and/or finding the one are amazing attributes of your life but there are other things that can contribute to your life. We are still an individuals need to have personal self care. Self-care involves taking care oneself and doing somethings alone can contribute to that. This list is for single people, married people and people in a relationship -- anyone really. Even though we are involved with someone in a relationship, you are still an individual. You still have wants and needs and it is nothing wrong with that. Everyone deserves alone time. And if you want to remain single forever, then you already know a few amazing things on this list if not more (:
Here is my list:
Spend a day at the movies alone and enjoy something funny, romantic or scary.
Start your own meet-up group and make friends.
Visit a museum and enjoy a day full of discovering and quiet.
Join a cooking or craft class or create a hobby that you have always wanted to have.
Get a massage and pamper yourself with getting your feet done, hair cut and treating yourself to a nice dinner.
Find a penpal and write each other weekly. (I plan on having a penpal soon.)
Teach someone a new skill you have already mastered and be someone's tutor.
Take on a Pinterest project.
Buy a pizza with every topping that you love and enjoy it alone.
Plant a garden.
Start a blog and get to know people through writing.
Get in touch with old friends.
Start your own business.
Spend a day at the park with your favorite snacks and a new book.
Enjoy a nice long nap.
Take dance lessons.
Learn to enjoy your own company.
Doing things alone should not be something that we dread. But, something we embrace and enjoy. I think that life is all about the moments and memories that you create. Many things on this list, I have done and now I am going to take up somethings for myself that I recommended to you. What are somethings that you enjoy to do alone?
Would You Like To Receive my Newsletter Biweekly?
Follow me on social media:
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up. - Babe Ruth
Hello everyone! Today is Monday and usually my busiest day. I have been working overload and constantly feeling tired. But, I recently started realizing that I need to start working smarter and not harder. When we think about how much stress comes from constantly overworking yourself and not taking a break it might not come to a shock that you never actually took that break that you needed. Between working, blogging and trying to have a life it can be tough trying to balance everything. I came up with a few different ways to actually work smarter and not harder. I plan on incorporating these habits into my daily routine because I never feel like there is enough hours in a day! Is it just me? You wake up and before you know it -- its time for bed.
Use your planner efficiently.
Take a break when needed because it helps you work more.
Plan the night before.
Make a to-do list.
Realize what takes the most time and plan accordingly.
Focus on the present day.
Create a cut-off time and a wind down routine.
Schedule. Schedule. Schedule.
Set deadlines for specific tasks.
Keep a results list and focus more about productivity than time.
These are tips that I came up with based on your physical capability. But, I think that being healthy and drinking tea will be great for your productivity and working smarter rather than harder as well. Having energy will keep you going and able to accomplish a lot! I am glad that I was able to help you guys see different ways that I have learned to have better days and results with having so much to do daily! What are some ways that you have handled your daily routines and was able to make every moment count?
Would You Like To Receive My Newsletter Biweekly?
Follow me on social media:
Since I started blogging a month ago, I came across so many cool topics for blog posts. I came across one post in particular that was titled, "Hey, Its Okay." I decided to use the same idea but instead list my guilty pleasures that are okay to have. I think having those amazing habits, quirks, taste buds, etc make you who you are. There is nothing wrong with having a different style, personality, wants and needs -- that is what makes the world so diverse and different. I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone was the same.
All I want to be is true and real with who I am. I want you guys to do the same, which is why I chose to do a guilty pleasure list for my inspirational post this week. Love yourself, love your guilty pleasures.
My list consists of different guilty pleasures that make me happy, make me have internal pleasures and make me Isaly. I hope you enjoy (:
1. I love making my dinner plate a certain way so that my food does not touch when I eat. I feel like certain food has personality and does not need to be near other food!
2. I love making my bed in the morning even though I know that I will ruin it with a nap or when I have to organize my planner.
3. Singing in the shower and pretending like I am a pop singer brings me peace.
4. I have a guilty pleasure of correcting peoples grammar when I am reading their text messages.
5. I think its fun to have water fights with my fiance and having sword fights with our star wars swords even though we are in our mid 20s.
6. I actually like the Fifty Shades of Grey series and had a guilty pleasure of the movie that I actually bought it on dvd.
7. I think it is awesome to spend hours "online shopping" and placing items in the cart even though chances are I won't buy anything.
8. I love purchasing 6 macarons at Whole Foods and eating them in one sitting without thinking twice about calories.
9. I love staring at my stretch marks on different parts of my body and I remember that its cool to have some resemblance to tigers.
10. Making funny faces at kids when they make funny faces at me brings me joy.
11. I like having Backstreet Boys music vs. Nysnc music competitions with my fiance and realize why I like backstreet boys songs more than Nsync.
12. Being an introvert makes me have the right amount of me time and it brings me happiness. I will probably write a post on what it means to be an introvert because thats my way of being social for the day.
13. Cursing will always be in a vocabulary but only certain words like the f bomb and s***.
14. I love that I get emotional attached to characters on my favorite television shows and I get sad when my show ends or is cancelled.
15. I love blasting dancing music when writing blog posts and stop in the middle to dance even though I am stiff and don't have that great of dancing skills.
I know you probably have some of the same guilty pleasures as me if not more. I have thousands of traits, habits, and quirkiness about myself. But, hey I am f***ing happy with who I am. You should be too. I want you guys to accept yourself as you are and laugh at your quirkiness. We all have them and its nothing wrong with it! I think it is important to realize your habits, guilty pleasures and who you are. It'll make you have a happier life and live life instead of constantly trying to change something about yourself. I would love for you guys to say or write your guilty pleasures and at the end say, "These are my guilty pleasures and I am proud!" (you can say them outloud or write them in the physical comments).
Would You Like To Have My Weekly Resources?
Follow me on social media:
I have a love and hate relationship with New York. I know... how can someone dislike NY or even like it for that matter? I am one of those introvert city girls that had lived in New Year for 9 months. I know you're wondering what is an introverted city girl? That will be another post for another time. Thats one of the reasons I left New York lol. New York is New York and it had me on a rollarcoaster ride the entire time I was living there. My reason for moving to New York is because I wanted to grow... I wanted to be a different Isaly. When I was a junior in college, I had told my therapist that I always wanted to grow with every year. After I graduated college, I made the decision to move to New York for graduate school. It definitely made me change within the 9 months of living there.
I had went there one person and now I can't even remember the old Isaly. I think that my life has been constant change but living some place where I knew no one and moved there willing to change made all the difference in the world to this new Isaly. New York made me shed many layers of myself that I was trying to change but wasn't ready to let go of. My flesh was scared to change -- I can admit that. But, that is the hate part of my relationship with New York because it was forcing me to change the aspects I wanted to change anyways. Here is my list of things I wish I knew before moving to New York but glad that I went and grew for the better.
These tips can be used for anyone moving to a new place alone but I realized that you are never alone as long as you have yourself. I am proud of myself to taking on the city and I want you guys to have a taste of what I experienced there.
Even though there is millions of people in New York, you will only make a few close friends. Not saying that you can't make a lot of associates... The rest are just people you will meet or walk past and will see again at a random place but never know them. Its weird, but a lot of people know each other in one way or another. You will not initially have your life like an episode of Friends, Sex & the City, Living Single or Gossip Girl.
It smells everywhere. There is trash everywhere. You will definitely want to take a shower after taking on the city. LOL.
You should get a unlimited metro train card -- it will be your best friend.
Even if you visit the city a few times before moving there. It is nothing like living there, waking up there and going to sleep at 4am because the city's energy keeps you awake. But ironically not everything stays open late.
Do not be surprised if you get lost on the train, even if you have lived there for months. Do not break down and cry if you get lost one day traveling and you end up taking a train in the wrong direction. It happens to everyone, even people that have lived there for years.
There are some people that are nice and tell you directions but most won't.
There will be crowded trains at different times of the day. Don't be shocked one day when you are the on the train and you are squished between many people. Just take a shower when you get home for sure (:
Find your favorite places in the city, so when you are having a bad day -- those places can make you feel better.
The city is a great place but it is not all it's hyped up to be when you are living there having to do school and work. You have to make time for fun.
Find free places to go and join meet up groups. You have to step out of your comfort zone.
New York has a lot of random rainy days, so always carry an umbrella and have rain boots at your home. Compare Chicago and New York because they have similar weather.
You can live off New York pizza, especially since they have $1 slices. But, make sure to always keep water handy.
There were not lying about New York being expensive. Make sure to save...save...save. So, one day you won't look at your account and wonder where did all of your money go? Lol.
Your navigation will get you lost walking around at night. So, don't travel alone.
Speaking of walking, you better spend a good amount of time picking out the right shoes!
New Yorkers don't call New York City ... New York City. They call New York City ... New York. They'll say specifically a borough (area or mini city) depending on what questions you ask.
You will meet people from so many different cultures and it will be a very cool experience.
You are not considered a "real" new yorker until you have been living there for 7-10 years (or born there obviously).
You will do things you never thought you would do before.
Some people will never leave new york and it's nothing wrong with you if you do.
Time Square is full of tourists -- a lot of New Yorkers just go there for work or random shopping but its not a big deal once you're there. Its just a place full of advertisements but is quite beautiful at night.
New York will change you but it's all about how you react to the change will make it a good or bad experience. You will realize many things about yourself and you will have the decision to stay the same or grow.
I enjoyed my time in New York, but I knew when it was my time to leave. I had went there and accomplished what I needed to accomplish. Do you consider yourself a city person? Have you always lived where you live now?
Would You Like To Subscribe To My Newsletter?
Follow me on social media:
It is the second week of the new year, but it is never too late to mention motivational quotes. I came across so many motivational quotes from different resources that have kept me going during a bad day. I figured since it was Monday, the day most of us dread so much lol. Why not have quotes to get us through the week! We are all special and always working hard but sometimes we just need some motivation and inspiration. Some of the quotes listed are from inspirational people and some of them are just flat out funny. I hope you enjoy (:
1. Don't count the days, make the days count. - Muhammad Ali
2. You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. - Nancy D. Solomon
3. You miss 100% of the shots, you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky
4. Make your life a masterpiece, imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do. - Brian Tracy
5. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito. - Dalai Lama
6. Low self-confidence isn't a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered-just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better. - Barrie Davenport
7. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. - Oprah Winfrey
8. The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. - Mark Zuckerberg
9. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. - Arthur Ashe
10. Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen. - Unknown
11. People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. - Rob Siltanen
12. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Elenaor Roosevelt
13. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
14. If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now. - Marie Osmond
15. The best revenge is massive success. - Frank Sinatra
16. If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. - Jim Rohn
17. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
18. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. - Steve Jobs
19. Never let your memories be greater than your dreams. - Doug Ivester
20. Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell. - Bill Copeland
21. Do what you can, where you are, with what you have. - Teddy Roosevelt
22. You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can´t have it. - Robert Anthony
23. The question isn't who is going to let me - it's who is going to stop me. - Ayn Rand
24. Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends. - John Lennon
25. We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated. - Maya Angelou
Here is a bonus quote that is one of my all time favorites "Do it or not, there is no try," said by the Yoda. I want you guys to have a great Monday and enjoy living everyday to the fullest. Life is too short to always be unhappy and not spend the day with smiling and laughter. Happy Monday!
Would You Like To Receive My Newsletter?
Follow me on social media: